Carpets are a beautiful way to revive your home or office. People are often too hasty to rip up carpeting in favour of other flooring when they buy a home, but we know from experience that the benefits of a carpeted home are numerous. Choosing carpeting can be daunting, and finding the right carpet store should therefore be top of your list when carpet shopping. Ideally, you want a carpet store has a wide selection and that can offer you expert advice and guidance every step of the way.
There is a lot to consider when choosing a carpet and you could quickly become overwhelmed or confused with the variety of styles and textures. Partnering with a professional, like FloorTrader, which is a division of Top Carpets & Floors, has many advantages. After all, why blindly invest in something this big? What is most important is to have a vision – know why you want carpeting and what look and feel you want to create with it.
We recommend you think about the following:
- Area: Which room or space do you want to carpet? This determines the choice of carpet. For example, a bedroom has far less foot traffic than a stair carpet, and a living area far more than a formal lounge. You want your carpet to last and look good for years to come, so be sure you choose the right carpet for the room in question.
- Colour: This is very important and should not be driven by design fads. Yes, by all means, be bold and make a statement if you want to, because a carpet lends itself to that beautifully. However, think about what else is in the room and whether you will still love your choice in ten years’ time.
- Plain or patterned? A plain carpet gives you more flexibility to use a pattern elsewhere in the room, and a patterned carpet provides more colour options. Patterned carpets disguise dirt better.
- Budget: There is no need to overspend and end up regretting your choice. With the right help, you can get a quality carpet installed that will serve you well for years to come. Quality is the operative word and you do not want to skimp on it. Carpeting is like most other things in life – you get what you pay for!
Let the experts handle this:
- Measuring: Although it may sound simple, we recommend that you leave it to the experts. There is no point in wasting money on ordering too much or being disappointed to find you ordered too little.
- Samples: Once you have consulted a professional, they will provide you with as many samples as you like to take home. Ideally, you want to narrow your choices down and this is where it is so important to talk to the right person about what it is you want to achieve.
- Installation: This takes skill, experience, and the right tools. Good-quality workmanship is imperative if you want your carpet to last.
You want the most professional service and advice to ensure you buy the carpet that is right for you. We know carpets. Contact FloorTrader today.