Carpets have always been a favourite amongst the various flooring solutions. With new developments in the flooring industry, the range of carpet designs and fibres are now endless, making it so much easier to find the right carpet that will completely transform your living room into a place that is welcoming and comfortable.
Here are the top 5 reasons why carpets are the right choice for your living room floor:
- Various options: The number of brands seems endless and the various styles and textures of each bring will allow you to transform your living room floor into canvas from which you can create a completely new look. Whether you want something more classic or a natural look, the range at Floor Trader, a division of Top Carpets and Floors, will give you more than enough options to choose from.
- Noise reduction: The wellbeing of the inhabitants in the home can be adversely affected by noise pollution. Carpets can reduce noise to a great extent and in some cases can totally eliminate noises from impact by absorbing the sound in its fibres. Carpets are great sound absorbers and are much more effective at reducing sound than other floor coverings, which is why you will always see carpets in places like cinemas. Whether you are sharing a building with others or sharing a house with your family, reduction in noise will contribute to a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Temperature: Carpets are great insulators, especially when paired with a good underlay. As carpets are made of fibres that typically do not conduct temperature very well, it creates a great temperature barrier, helping to keep warm rooms warm and cool rooms stay cool. This, in turn, reduces the cost of heating or cooling a room. It is estimated that up to 10% of the heat in a room dissipates through the floor and that by putting down a carpet, prevents this from happening, saving energy and money.
- Safer floors: Hard flooring can often be slippery, especially when wet, which may result in injuries from slipping and falling. Carpets eliminate slipping to a large degree and are a good choice to keep your family safe in the home, especially for older and frail residents. Carpets provide a soft underfoot covering and more resilience. Softer carpets also reduce the impact on joints, which makes it particularly beneficial for the elderly.
- Good looks and durability: With the endless variety of materials, colours and designs, carpets are a great choice for just about any room and can significantly improve the appearance of any space, including your living room. Carpets are also hard wearing and easy to clean.
These are only 5 reasons why you should invest in a carpet when you want to revamp your living room floor. There are not many flooring types that can combine great textures and energy saving with non-slip qualities and noise reduction. Contact Floor Trader, a division of Top Carpets and Floors, today for further information on the benefits of carpets in your living room.