Our dream is to help our customers create a living space that reflects their desires and needs. Spacious and comfortable or modern and chic flooring and blinds play an important part in realising this feel. With our experience and vast product offering, we can cater for any look or feel a customer wants.
Floor Trader started in 2013, to fill a need in the flooring market. Within a few years, Floor Trader has expanded to all the major metropolitan areas and can be found near you. Being part of the largest independently owned flooring group, Top Carpets And Floors had the advantage from the beginning of drawing from the vast knowledge and expertise found in its parent company which will be celebrating its 30th birthday in 2018.
Floor Trader takes pride in its workmanship, approaching each installation with the professionalism needed to deliver a faultless installation. Being part of SAWLFA and recognized by all the manufacturers as an A-grade installer, Floor Trader has complete confidence in its ability to exceed a customer’s expectation.
Floor Trader ensures, at all times, that it only sources products from approved suppliers that back their products and warrantees. Believing in the Fairtrade principle where everyone is entitled to a fair wage, no products are sourced from companies that exploit their employees. Being the cheapest is not as important to us as quality and fair wages along the supply chain. We do, however, provide very competitive pricing due to our large buying power and this we deliver to our customers.
All warrantees are held by the manufacturer or importer of goods. We have selected only the most dependable suppliers of products and therefore have complete confidence that all warrantees will be honoured.
In addition to this, we have complete trust in the abilities of our members thus we, as a company, have instituted a 1 Million rand guarantee on all installations. Should your installation fail we have availed ourselves of up to 1 Million rand to ensure that it is either replaced or repaired.
Floor Trader understands the responsibility of business to give back to the society that supports it. Our We Care program embraces two initiatives: Reach For Recovery and Operation Smile. Through both initiatives, we support and improve the lives of people who need it the most. We feel so passionate about these initiatives that we support them yearly. Please follow the links below to read more about them.
Floor Trader is part of the Top Carpets And Floors Group which is South Africa’s largest flooring retailer, with over 120 members located around the country. The network covers all major cities, as well as a number of smaller towns.
Floor Trader, Top Carpets and Floors, had over R650 million in retail sales during 2015, and has established excellent relationships with manufacturers and suppliers over the years, creating a strong market position and enabling significant cost savings.
Direct sourcing of materials carries the added benefits of preferred stock access, best available lead times for delivery, minimal cut length charges and availability of special deals on a national basis.Relationships with international buying groups ensure the adoption of international best practice and give members access to the latest trends and developments.
A “National Contracts” corporate initiative has been introduced to give corporate and major retail groups an “Installation Solution” on a national basis. In addition to competitive pricing negotiations, Top Carpets and Floors provides a wealth of knowledge and expertise to its members.
OVER 120 GROUP STORES NATIONALLY
Floor Trader is part of the Top Carpets & Floors Group, which is South Africa’s largest floor coverings group. This means that we have huge buying power and are able to pass the savings over to our customers.
All our branches are individually owned and offer a large range of carpets, laminates, vinyls, blinds and ceramic tiles amongst many other floor coverings.
OUR EXPERTS WILL HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT FLOORS
Our nearest Floor Trader member will guide you through the process of finding a floor selection to best suit your needs.
LOCAL BUSINESS YOU CAN TRUST
All our branches are individually owned and run by locals within your suburb, so when you visit our stores you know you will be supporting your local community and get the professional service you deserve.
FIVE STAR GUARANTEE
10 DAY COLOUR REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE
Don’t like the colour you’ve chosen? NO PROBLEM! Call us within 10 days and we’ll gladly replace it with any colour in the same range.
You only pay for the fitting and return of your incorrectly selected carpets, laminates or LVTs
Nobody said redecorating was easy! Combining flooring, wall colours, fabric and furniture to get your décor just right can be a tricky business and nobody wants to make a potentially costly mistake… with the 10 Day Colour Replacement Guarantee, you can be sure that you’ve made the right choice. If you’re disappointed with the colour of your new carpets, laminates or LVTs, you can replace it with any other colour from the same range without paying for the product.
All you pay for is the return of the floor you wish to swap and the fitting of your next colour choice. Now that’s a great reason to get decorating!
Please note this only applies to selected Belgotex, Van Dyck and Constantia products.
Consumers purchasing from leading flooring groups, 3 brands, Top Carpets and Floors, Designer Blinds & Floors and Floor Trader, now have an increased opportunity to help those in need, simply by making the right flooring choice. The company has extended its Reach For Recovery corporate social responsibility programme under the WE CARE banner to include non-profit organisations, Operation Smile South Africa and various national animal welfare programmes. Top Carpets and Floors has already enjoyed an eight-year partnership with the Reach For Recovery breast cancer awareness programme and looks forward to a relationship with the other organisations in the mix.
The company will donate R10 / m2 to these three organisations for every room carpeted with Constantia carpets & Van Dyck carpets, the Constantia brand being available exclusively through Top Carpets and Floors, Designer Blinds & Floors & Floor Trader outlets nationwide.
Barry Hatch (CEO) of Top Carpets and Floors, said: “It has been inspiring to see the difference our consumers have been able to make to Reach for Recovery as it carries out its important work among those affected by breast cancer.”
“We are extremely pleased to be able to extend our reach by rolling out our We Care programme to vulnerable children and animals. These are certainly causes close not only to our customers’ hearts, but also to ours,” he added.
Reach for Recovery provides free, non-medical support and information to breast cancer patients and assists in the recovery process. Its trained volunteers are themselves cancer survivors. Our retail outlets nationally are used to distribute information for Reach for Recovery and to raise additional funds for their local chapters.
Operation Smile South Africa provides free surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities in children, while the animal support we will provide will involve all aspects of animal welfare from cats and dogs to rhino anti-poaching.
Need assurance that your flooring choice is not only best for you but manufactured responsibly too? Then look no further than national flooring group, Top Carpets And Floors, and its commitment to fair trade principles.
As an industry first, the national flooring group has pledged that selected flooring products are manufactured under fair labour conditions, in a safe and healthy working environment which is free of discrimination, and where the management has committed to respecting the rights and dignity of workers.
The manufacturers who have committed to support the fair trade principles will have stickers placed on their products so as to make the consumers aware of supporting those products when making a flooring purchase.
These fair trade principles complement Top Carpets and Floors, existing five star guarantee which aims to give clients total piece of mind when dealing with any of the 120 Top Carpets and Floors stores nationwide.
The five star guarantee exclusive to Top Carpets and Floors includes:
- a 10 Day Colour Replacement Guarantee which allows clients to change the colour of their installed carpet if they’ve had a change of heart;
- a R1 Million Installation Guarantee to cover any unmet promises and ensure 100% customer satisfaction;
- the Best Price Guarantee that gives clients the most competitive price on flooring products;
- the Healthguard Installation Guarantee which offers total health protection by carefully removing the old carpet to prevent microbes and allergens becoming airborne, debugging the bare floor using a high filtration vacuum cleaner and spraying with Bioguard Pro for long-term removal of any latent microbes and allergens; and
- a Professional Service Guarantee to ensure all stores comply with stringent standards of professionalism
CANCER / REACH FOR RECOVERY
Top Carpets and Floors supports the South African branch of Reach for Recovery, a non-profit organisation that provides practical and emotional support to breast cancer patients and their families, to enable them to make relevant personal decisions and to find the motivation for recovery with an optimal quality of life.
This remarkable organisation provides patients with information and offers invaluable counselling and support provided by volunteers who are also breast cancer survivors.
Reach for Recovery’s activities include regular meetings, prostheses, breast cancer education, and visits to patients in hospital before or after their surgery.
Your new carpet is an investment you will want to protect. Apart from the fact that regular cleaning will ensure that your carpet lasts beautifully, the manufacturer’s warranty is subject to an approved maintenance program. Most carpets are generally covered by the manufacturer’s 5-year guarantee. This guarantee covers all latent defects in the manufacturing process. All claims are assessed according to this guarantee.
Your warranty will not cover your carpet against:
Tears, burns, cuts or damage caused by lack of protection under roller castor chairs, improper use of the product e.g. installing light weight carpeting in heavy traffic areas, damage caused by the use of improper cleaning agents and maintenance methods.
How to ensure that your warranty is up to date:
A routine of regular vacuuming and immediate removal of spots and stains should start immediately after your carpet is installed. Your carpet will also require annual professional cleaning in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications as well as the SABS Code of Practice. Top Carpet Cleaners is fully accredited with the RSA Carpet Manufacturers. Members are Seta trained and certified. This is your insurance policy.
Pet-X is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and non-porous, and is installed in conjunction with the Spillguard Underlay that forms part of the HealthGuard flooring installation system exclusive to Floor Trader
Pet-X fibres are designed to repel smells or stains caused by animals. This ensures that when animals urinate on the carpet, the urine sits on the surface of the underlay rather than soaking into the traditional underfelt.
This could be yours, at a minimal once off charge of R250.
Only available in selected stores in KZN.
- The best way to ensure long lasting beauty, comfort and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
- It’s preferable to use a suction vacuum especially one that has that has a Wet and Dry facility. Beater vacuum cleaners can negatively affect the joins as well as fluff the pile if the beater height is incorrectly set.
- Consider professional cleaning every 12-18 months especially where children and pets occupy the premises. For commercial installations a minimum of every 12 months should be considered.
- Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or you may damage the carpet.
- Heavy furniture will always cause dents to the carpet. Depending on the type of yarn, it is possible, should the furniture be not too heavy, to revive the pile to a certain extent by stroking the pile with the edge of a coin.
- If your carpet is burned, remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibres with curved fingernail scissors. Extensive burns may require patching or replacement.
If the carpet is flooded from a bust pipe, washing machine overflow, the carpet needs to be dried thoroughly in order to maintain your warranty. If it’s a minor spill use you water extraction facility on your vacuum. Once the water is removed place a fan over the wet spot to facilitate drying. A major spill however needs to be attended to by a professional cleaner.
- Stain removal: Always treat the affected area immediately. The longer the spill sits there, the harder it’ll be to remove the stain.
- For a food spill, gently remove as much solid material as you can with a spoon, or a dull knife. Add water using detergent (Sunlight liquid is a good detergent) sparingly if needed. Then, using the highest suction function, vacuum back and forth, adding more fresh water to the stain as you go until completely clean and free of detergent.
- For oil based stains you may require a spot removal solvent. Apply several drops to a clean white cloth and blot the carpet in an inconspicuous area. If you notice a change in the carpet color, consult a professional carpet cleaner.
- If stains remain after cleaning, moisten tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let stand for one hour. Blot and repeat until completely clean.
- For additional tips on maintaining your carpet from a variety of spills refer to our Stain First Aid Guide.
Laminate flooring pairs the beauty of natural wood with easy, carefree maintenance. You’ll get years of beautiful performance from your laminate floor with a little preparation and know-how.
- With its smooth surface structure, laminate cannot absorb dirt or dust, however, use protective window coverings to block fade-causing UV rays and excessive heat from direct sunlight, and rearrange rugs and furniture periodically to help your floor age evenly. During inclement weather, avoid exposing your flooring to water as much as possible.
- Never apply layers of wax or varnish to laminates.
- Dry maintenance: by using a vacuum cleaner or fleece mop.
- Wet maintenance: AVOID EXCESSIVE QUANTITIES OF WATER AT ALL TIMES. Use a properly wrung-out mop. Always dry afterwards.
- Mop with clean water or classical household soap.
- You can also use a laminate maintenance product dissolved in water. This product cleans thoroughly and leaves a matt-satin shine.
- Carefully remove persistent stains with a suitable cleaning product (e.g. acetone or white spirit). Never use scouring products. Applying cleaner directly to the surface of the laminate can cause staining—lightly spray it on a cleaning cloth or damp mop instead.
- Use ice to harden tough substances like wax or chewing gum, and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper or a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the surface and wipe the area clean with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
- Most good quality laminates are predded on a waterproof glued HDF board. In spite of the relatively high moisture resistance, excessive quantities of water must be removed immediately.
- Invest in high-quality floor mats and protective pads under heavy furniture for an extra layer of protection on your laminate floors. Place floor mats at entrances and exits—they collect and trap corrosive substances that can be tracked in, like dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, or even driveway sealer. Placing mats in high-traffic areas—in front of vanities, kitchen sinks, and stoves—is an effective way to reduce wear.
Are you looking for quick and easy ways to clean your blinds? Well look no further here are a few helpful tips. There are a variety of blinds that you will need to worry about, which include wooden, metal, fabric and vinyl. All of which come in either a horizontal or vertical format.
- For horizontal blinds, make sure you vacuum the blinds as often as possible making use of the brush attachment. Vacuum across the slats, not up and down.
- For dusting, make sure that you don’t use a plastic duster. Try use a proper lamb’s wool duster, again working across the slats, horizontally and starting at the top.
- In the case of vertical blinds, make sure to brush in a downward motion, as the slats often become unhooked if you brush in an upward motion.
- You can also use a rubber sponge, also known as a dry sponge, which can be found at hardware and paint stores. Wipe the dry sponge firmly across the blinds to help to remove dust and residue, from both fabric and vinyl blinds.
- When spot cleaning a blind, never spray the all-purpose cleaner directly onto the blind. Spray the all-purpose cleaner onto a clean dry cloth first and then wipe the blind.
- When it comes to wooden blinds, try not to soak them. Make sure to clean them in place, instead of removing them as you would do for other types of blinds.
- Fabric blinds can be a little more complicated, and it would be best to take them to a dry cleaner.
- Do not try cleaning the blinds by spraying them with a car-wash hose, dunking them in a bucket, one slat at a time.
- To clean metal and vinyl blinds, you will need to take the blinds outside and lay them on a small rug or piece of carpet. Try brush the blinds with some soapy water, and then turn them over and brush the other side. To prevent water spots from forming, make sure to rinse the blinds, and to let the water runoff. When done, hang the blinds to dry.
VINYL TILES, SHEETING AND PLANKS.
- Before moving heavy objects across the floor, always lay a plank or firm sheet to disperse the weight.
- Before placing any chairs or furniture on your new vinyl floor always check the condition of the legs so as to prevent any potential cuts or scratches.
- Never push, pull, or drag furniture across vinyl floors. Always lift and carry.
- Remove dust, sand, and grit particles by sweeping or vacuuming your vinyl floor regularly.
- Don’t use a vacuum with a beater as it may scratch your floor.
- When sweeping or vacuuming does not remove the dirt, mop the floor with clean warm water.
- If water alone does not clean the surface, use one teaspoon of dish washing liquid to 500ml of warm water and apply with a soft sponge.
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water to remove any residue.
- Be careful not to allow too much water to seep between the joins as it could emulsify the adhesive.
- Finally, think prevention. Place non staining, walk off mats at every outside entrance to your room.
- This will help keep sand and grit from being tracked onto your floor in the first place.
- Just be sure to avoid using rubber backed mats as they can damage and potentially discolour your floor.