We aspire to help you create a living space which reflects your personal vision. Whether it be comfortably spacious, stylishly chic or just good old-fashioned, all play an important role in making your dream become a reality.
Floor Trader was started in 2013 to fill a need in the flooring market. Since then Floor Trader has expanded to most of the major metropolitan areas. Being a part of the largest independently-owned flooring group, Floor Trader had the advantage from the beginning of drawing from the vast knowledge and expertise found in its parent company namely, the Top Carpets And Floors Group. The group is currently celebrating its 30th birthday.
Floor Trader takes pride in its workmanship, approaching each installation with the professionalism needed to deliver a faultless installation. Being part of SAWLFA and recognized by all the manufacturers as an A-grade installer, Floor Trader has complete confidence in its ability to exceed a customer’s expectation.
Floor Trader at all times ensures that its products are sourced from approved reputable suppliers. In our support of the Fairtrade principle, no products are sourced from companies that exploit their employees. Providing good quality is more important to us than offering the cheapest products in the industry, however, due to our large buying power we are able to provide very competitive pricing.
All warrantees are held by the manufacturer or importer of our goods. We have selected only the most dependable suppliers and therefore have complete confidence that all warrantees will be honoured.
We at Floor Trader understand our responsibility towards the community. Our “We Care” programme embraces two initiatives: Reach For Recovery and Operation Smile. Through each of these organisations we are able to change the lives of those who need it most, by supporting them on an annual basis. By scrolling down you can read more about our “We Care” programme.
Floor Trader is part of the Top Carpets And Floors Group which is South Africa’s largest flooring retailer, with over 120 members located around the country. The network covers all major cities, as well as a number of smaller towns.
Floor Trader, Top Carpets and Floors, had over R650 million in retail sales during 2015, and has established excellent relationships with manufacturers and suppliers over the years, creating a strong market position and enabling significant cost savings.
Direct sourcing of materials carries the added benefits of preferred stock access, best available lead times for delivery, minimal cut length charges and availability of special deals on a national basis.Relationships with international buying groups ensure the adoption of international best practice and give members access to the latest trends and developments.
A “National Contracts” corporate initiative has been introduced to give corporate and major retail groups an “Installation Solution” on a national basis. In addition to competitive pricing negotiations, Top Carpets and Floors provides a wealth of knowledge and expertise to its members.
OVER 120 GROUP STORES NATIONALLY
Floor Trader is part of the Top Carpets & Floors Group, which is South Africa’s largest floor coverings group. This means that we have huge buying power and are able to pass the savings over to our customers.
All our branches are individually owned and offer a large range of carpets, laminates, vinyls, blinds and ceramic tiles amongst many other floor coverings.
OUR EXPERTS WILL HELP YOU FIND THE RIGHT FLOORS
Our nearest Floor Trader member will guide you through the process of finding a floor selection to best suit your needs.
LOCAL BUSINESS YOU CAN TRUST
All our branches are individually owned and run by locals within your suburb, so when you visit our stores you know you will be supporting your local community and get the professional service you deserve.
FIVE STAR GUARANTEE
THE TCF BIG PROMISE
This includes the following:
- 21 DAY COLOUR REPLACEMENT – If you are not happy with the colour of your carpet or laminate flooring we will replace the colour within the same range for a minimum fee.
- R5 MILLION INSTALLATION GUARANTEE – Should something go wrong with your flooring installation we will provide cover up to the value of R5 Million.
- 2 YEAR INSTALLATION GUARANTEE – We guarantee the workmanship of your flooring installation for up to 2 years.
- THE BEST PRICE GUARANTEE – We will consistently offer products which, within their range are unbeatable in price and quality.
- HEALTHIER LIVING GUARANTEE – The constant struggle against allergies and Asthma is a serious reality. We are the only company that has a solution with each new flooring installation that can help fight these modern-day ailments.
The TCF Big Promise is only applicable to The Designer Collection products. T & C’s apply.
Consumers who purchase from the Top Carpets And Floors Group now have an increased opportunity to help those in need, by simply making the right flooring choice. Within the “We Care” umbrella our corporate social responsibility programme extends to include non-profit organisations, namely Reach For Recovery, Operation Smile South Africa and various national animal welfare programmes. For over 10 years Top Carpets and Floors have, and continues to enjoy a partnership with the Reach For Recovery breast cancer awareness programme.
Barry Hatch (CEO) of the Top Carpets and Floors Group, says, “It has been inspiring to know that our consumers have been able to make a difference within these important organisations.”
Reach for Recovery provides free, non-medical support and information to breast cancer patients as well as assistance in the recovery process. Being cancer survivors themselves, the trained Volunteers are able to provide lots of encouragement as well as practical and emotional support and counselling to the breast cancer patients and their families. The organisation also offers prostheses, visits to patients in hospital before and after their surgery, regular meetings and breast cancer education.
Operation Smile South Africa gives hope to children and families by providing free operations to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities in children. It takes as little as 45 minutes to bring about a beautiful new smile to these child.
Need assurance that your flooring choice is not only best for you but manufactured responsibly too? Then look no further than national flooring group, Top Carpets And Floors, and its commitment to fair trade principles.
As an industry first, the national flooring group has pledged that selected flooring products are manufactured under fair labour conditions, in a safe and healthy working environment which is free of discrimination, and where the management has committed to respecting the rights and dignity of workers.
The manufacturers who have committed to support the fair trade principles will have stickers placed on their products so as to make the consumers aware of supporting those products when making a flooring purchase.
These fair trade principles complement Top Carpets and Floors, existing five star guarantee which aims to give clients total piece of mind when dealing with any of the 120 Top Carpets and Floors stores nationwide.
Your new carpet is an investment you will want to protect. Apart from the fact that regular cleaning will ensure that your carpet lasts beautifully, the manufacturer’s warranty is subject to an approved maintenance program. Most carpets are generally covered by the manufacturer’s 5-year guarantee. This guarantee covers all latent defects in the manufacturing process. All claims are assessed according to this guarantee.
Your warranty will not cover your carpet against:
Tears, burns, cuts or damage caused by lack of protection under roller castor chairs, improper use of the product e.g. installing light weight carpeting in heavy traffic areas, damage caused by the use of improper cleaning agents and maintenance methods.
How to ensure that your warranty is up to date:
A routine of regular vacuuming and immediate removal of spots and stains should start immediately after your carpet is installed. Your carpet will also require annual professional cleaning in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications as well as the SABS Code of Practice. Top Carpet Cleaners is fully accredited with the RSA Carpet Manufacturers. Members are Seta trained and certified. This is your insurance policy.
- The best way to ensure long lasting beauty, comfort and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
- It’s preferable to use a suction vacuum especially one that has that has a Wet and Dry facility. Beater vacuum cleaners can negatively affect the joins as well as fluff the pile if the beater height is incorrectly set.
- Consider professional cleaning every 12-18 months especially where children and pets occupy the premises. For commercial installations a minimum of every 12 months should be considered.
- Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or you may damage the carpet.
- Heavy furniture will always cause dents to the carpet. Depending on the type of yarn, it is possible, should the furniture be not too heavy, to revive the pile to a certain extent by stroking the pile with the edge of a coin.
- If your carpet is burned, remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibres with curved fingernail scissors. Extensive burns may require patching or replacement.
If the carpet is flooded from a bust pipe, washing machine overflow, the carpet needs to be dried thoroughly in order to maintain your warranty. If it’s a minor spill use you water extraction facility on your vacuum. Once the water is removed place a fan over the wet spot to facilitate drying. A major spill however needs to be attended to by a professional cleaner.
- Stain removal: Always treat the affected area immediately. The longer the spill sits there, the harder it’ll be to remove the stain.
- For a food spill, gently remove as much solid material as you can with a spoon, or a dull knife. Add water using detergent (Sunlight liquid is a good detergent) sparingly if needed. Then, using the highest suction function, vacuum back and forth, adding more fresh water to the stain as you go until completely clean and free of detergent.
- For oil based stains you may require a spot removal solvent. Apply several drops to a clean white cloth and blot the carpet in an inconspicuous area. If you notice a change in the carpet color, consult a professional carpet cleaner.
- If stains remain after cleaning, moisten tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let stand for one hour. Blot and repeat until completely clean.
- For additional tips on maintaining your carpet from a variety of spills refer to our Stain First Aid Guide.
Laminate flooring pairs the beauty of natural wood with easy, carefree maintenance. You’ll get years of beautiful performance from your laminate floor with a little preparation and know-how.
- With its smooth surface structure, laminate cannot absorb dirt or dust, however, use protective window coverings to block fade-causing UV rays and excessive heat from direct sunlight, and rearrange rugs and furniture periodically to help your floor age evenly. During inclement weather, avoid exposing your flooring to water as much as possible.
- Never apply layers of wax or varnish to laminates.
- Dry maintenance: by using a vacuum cleaner or fleece mop.
- Wet maintenance: AVOID EXCESSIVE QUANTITIES OF WATER AT ALL TIMES. Use a properly wrung-out mop. Always dry afterwards.
- Mop with clean water or classical household soap.
- You can also use a laminate maintenance product dissolved in water. This product cleans thoroughly and leaves a matt-satin shine.
- Carefully remove persistent stains with a suitable cleaning product (e.g. acetone or white spirit). Never use scouring products. Applying cleaner directly to the surface of the laminate can cause staining—lightly spray it on a cleaning cloth or damp mop instead.
- Use ice to harden tough substances like wax or chewing gum, and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper or a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the surface and wipe the area clean with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
- Most good quality laminates are predded on a waterproof glued HDF board. In spite of the relatively high moisture resistance, excessive quantities of water must be removed immediately.
- Invest in high-quality floor mats and protective pads under heavy furniture for an extra layer of protection on your laminate floors. Place floor mats at entrances and exits—they collect and trap corrosive substances that can be tracked in, like dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, or even driveway sealer. Placing mats in high-traffic areas—in front of vanities, kitchen sinks, and stoves—is an effective way to reduce wear.
Are you looking for quick and easy ways to clean your blinds? Well look no further here are a few helpful tips. There are a variety of blinds that you will need to worry about, which include wooden, metal, fabric and vinyl. All of which come in either a horizontal or vertical format.
- For horizontal blinds, make sure you vacuum the blinds as often as possible making use of the brush attachment. Vacuum across the slats, not up and down.
- For dusting, make sure that you don’t use a plastic duster. Try use a proper lamb’s wool duster, again working across the slats, horizontally and starting at the top.
- In the case of vertical blinds, make sure to brush in a downward motion, as the slats often become unhooked if you brush in an upward motion.
- You can also use a rubber sponge, also known as a dry sponge, which can be found at hardware and paint stores. Wipe the dry sponge firmly across the blinds to help to remove dust and residue, from both fabric and vinyl blinds.
- When spot cleaning a blind, never spray the all-purpose cleaner directly onto the blind. Spray the all-purpose cleaner onto a clean dry cloth first and then wipe the blind.
- When it comes to wooden blinds, try not to soak them. Make sure to clean them in place, instead of removing them as you would do for other types of blinds.
- Fabric blinds can be a little more complicated, and it would be best to take them to a dry cleaner.
- Do not try cleaning the blinds by spraying them with a car-wash hose, dunking them in a bucket, one slat at a time.
- To clean metal and vinyl blinds, you will need to take the blinds outside and lay them on a small rug or piece of carpet. Try brush the blinds with some soapy water, and then turn them over and brush the other side. To prevent water spots from forming, make sure to rinse the blinds, and to let the water runoff. When done, hang the blinds to dry.
VINYL TILES, SHEETING AND PLANKS.
- Before moving heavy objects across the floor, always lay a plank or firm sheet to disperse the weight.
- Before placing any chairs or furniture on your new vinyl floor always check the condition of the legs so as to prevent any potential cuts or scratches.
- Never push, pull, or drag furniture across vinyl floors. Always lift and carry.
- Remove dust, sand, and grit particles by sweeping or vacuuming your vinyl floor regularly.
- Don’t use a vacuum with a beater as it may scratch your floor.
- When sweeping or vacuuming does not remove the dirt, mop the floor with clean warm water.
- If water alone does not clean the surface, use one teaspoon of dish washing liquid to 500ml of warm water and apply with a soft sponge.
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water to remove any residue.
- Be careful not to allow too much water to seep between the joins as it could emulsify the adhesive.
- Finally, think prevention. Place non staining, walk off mats at every outside entrance to your room.
- This will help keep sand and grit from being tracked onto your floor in the first place.
- Just be sure to avoid using rubber backed mats as they can damage and potentially discolour your floor.